Looking for a unique gift for the Festive Season while supporting local craftspeople? Then the JR is the venue AND this is an event not to be missed!
Time for Giving
Traditionally, the Festive Season is a time for giving and it used to be a period when NGOs and charities could amass funds through the sale of Christmas cards and calendars among other goods.
The Jack Rose Hotel has decided to step into the breach and offer an opportunity for NGOs, charities and SMMEs to display and sell their quality handmade goods at their first Handcraft Christmas Fair 25 – 27 November… and there is no cost involved.
“We believe there is so much talent out there which has never been exposed,” state the organisers. “There are ideas for gifts which have never crossed one’s mind because the crafters have never been provided with the opportunity to interact and trade with members of the public. And, for those who already have a customer base, this is an opportunity to expand it.”
In addition, there is no charge being levied to the visitor either. A jumping castle will be on hand for the kids as well as face painting and more.
Live music performances will take place at our brand new restaurant – Patio@10 which has a menu to suit all lifestyles and palates.
Thurs 25 November: 2pm – 5pm followed by the official launch of Patio@10.
Fri 26 Nov & Sat 27 Nov: 9am – 5pm plus evening entertainment at Patio@10.
- San Salvador Home for Intellectually Challenged Women: Woven and handsewn goods
- Johannesburg Children’s Home: Art
- Growing Champions: Coffee table book & Face Painting
- Grannies Who Care: Rag Dolls
- Irena Candles: Handmade candles and diffusers
- Leitner Collab: Wooden Handbags
- Daniela Starostecka: Ink drawings of Johannesburg
- Mandi Friedman: Ceramics
- MES (Mould Empower Serve) NPO: Christmas decorations, aprons, blankets
- Handmade Christmas wreaths by Brenda; Funky Creationz by Gavin; Art by local artists will be on display in the Hotel Atrium; leather bags; wooden beaded necklaces; handmade children’s clothes; pyrography art.